Our commitment to you
Clouds Property Management (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Below are the guidelines we adhere to for protecting your personal data. Please read these very carefully.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Clouds Property Management, having a place of business at 18 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH.
Information we may collect from you
We may ask you to provide information that will enable us to provide services to you, enhance your site visit, respond to requests for information, support our customer relationship, assist you with technical support issues or follow up with you after your visit.
We may ask for your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation, credit card information and other bank details and other information that is necessary to process your purchase, provide requested services or register you for or subscribe you to services or offers.
In particular, we may collect and process the following data about you:
• If you contact us or make inquiries, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your property transactions as landlord or tenant; and/or
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
• To speed up your searches; and
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your personal data
We use information held about you in a number of ways, including:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide our services to you;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To process your inquiries and property transactions and to provide you with the services as engaged with us; and
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We have contracted with third parties in connection with specific aspects of the fulfilment of services offered by us. We have in place contractual arrangements with such third parties to ensure that your personal data is processed fairly and lawfully and in accordance with the Act.
Disclosure of your personal data
In addition to those purposes detailed in the section “Uses made of your personal data”, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If we are acquired, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by contacting us in writing ay any time.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of any partner networks, advertisers or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your personal data
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and to correct, delete and/or block data we hold about you if that data proves to be factually inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant to the purposes of the processing. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.